Wednesday, March 2, 2016

As a mother with mother friends, a common factor for mom's today is loneliness. There is no tribe. There are no neighbors anymore. Most of us spend a lot of alone time with the kids. Especially if we have to work and are possibly in school. How often is ther free time for the kids? At least we try to give them socialization by paying for preschool that costs more than gold.
More and more therapists and Holistic Health Practitioners are popping up with aid for parents who are losing themselves in the loneliness. But also in putting their kids first. Which, duh, of course they come first and how can we not put them first?However on a related note, the new age 'gentle parenting' has seen more effects of guilt and deprivation on the parents. I have learned a lot from following gentle parents on Facebook, I can totally understand how draining it could be. I still do not understand exactly what it is, mostly what it is not. No hitting, or uplifting words of gender bias, or unequal competitive games even. Also I have learned I am a free range parent. Which sounds like I am raising uncooped eggs and I had no idea there was even a category for it. SO anyways, there are a ton of new age categories for parenting styles dos and donts today. My conclusion is many of them lead to alot of guilt and shame on parents not upholding the biblical rules of the groups. I could not care a less what anyone has to say about raising my child. I am done with random advice. Love your child. Ask John Lennon, that is all you need.
So it is funny in the isolation these mom groups online have exploded and birthed so many parenting styles. Which is great for women to connect and learn from each other's stories. And the fights between strangers is interesting to read through sometimes. But ultimately we are going to parent our children with the tools we have and hopefully believe in ourselves enough to do it. Asking others for the answers everyday only creates more mental issues.
I definitely find myself entranced by the groups and being able to connect to other moms. But enough is enough and I am so bored with it now. To many babies running the mom crowd man.

If moms really want to help their kids. Get off the phone. Or computer and play. Stop talking about how much you do for them and judging others when you are all on the internet together. Sometimes, myself included. Though often it is for homework. I really try not to let her see me on my phone. Because that is all she will want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment